Christine: This breakfast/lunch establishment got great reviews for home cooking and seemed to have a lot of regular and single person customers. The menu was pretty standard fare and the coffee was good. Our waitress was new and finally got the hang of things after giving us more than ample time to consider the menu, then to reconsider what we thought we were going to order, then reconsider again with some group discussion, and finally to order.
| Mom's Café - Yelp |
I opted for the traditional breakfast with a side of corned beef hash. Everything was cooked perfectly, but the hash was the smallest serving imaginable, about three heaping tablespoons mashed flat and spread out to imitate a more generous portion. It was very tasty, but I was not fulfilled. We sat in a booth by the front door enjoying the cold morning air accompanied by a chilly blast as each person entered and exited; but it was not that busy, and the door did not stay open for long.
Vickey: This was an interesting place. For some reason I expected something completely different. It is a "mom's café." No frills - no fuss. All right, I admit it - I picked the table and yes it was by the door and yes there was a cold draft. Hopefully it will warm up soon and we can be warm when we eat our breakfast.
I am sure our waitress was new, she told us she had never eaten anything there so she could not tell us what was good. We were left to our own best judgment on what to order. I ordered mom's breakfast, and it was very good. For being a new waitress she did a very good job of keeping our coffee warm and our water cold.
I didn't feel pressured to give up the table and leave. They made us feel comfortable to sit, visit and drink coffee for as long as we liked, which was for about an hour and a half.
No comments:
Post a Comment