Sunday, August 9, 2015

August 8, 2015 - Cindi's in Addision

Cindi's Deli - Yelp
Vickey: I got there first and the guy let me sit at a table right at the door.  I really like the feel of the place. I never felt rushed or pressured to hurry and leave.  Casual and warm atmosphere.

One thing I remember - BEST Coffee Ever!!  It was fresh and hot and they brought a carafe and left it on the table so you could fill your cup any time you wanted.  There was also a basket overflowing with cream and sugar at each table.

Cindi's NY Deli, Restaurant & Bakery has a very divers menu, and it is gong to take many trips back in order to try everything I want to try.  It is surprising when you learn that this restaurant is owned by a dainty Vietnamese who came to America in the 70's with her husband and 19 day old baby. She said she never learned to cook in Vietnam and her first lessons in the kitchen came from the cook who worked with her. Chicken-fried steak and other Southern cooked specialties were the beginnings of her culinary career.

The food is wonderful, I had had a hard time choosing between German pancakes and and omelet.  The pancakes won.  It was the best breakfast I had all day.

When you leave they have a large pastry counter where everything look so GOOD.  If we had not bee so full we would have been tempted.


Christine: How can you go wrong with a New York Deli named Cindi's, run by a Vietnamese family! I have to agree that was the best coffee. It was not bitter or harsh - don't know their secret, but it was so smooth. The menu had everything you could imagine for breakfast in the deep south or in New York City. The lunch and dinner menu was exhaustive - from fish to beef from Italian to American. I had a traditional American breakfast and everything was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet, even though the place was extremely busy.   







 

No comments:

Post a Comment