Christine: Our plan was for another restaurant on this day, but with no place to park, and a line around the building, we decided to save that for another day. Instead we drove to nearby Burritos Locos which we could see from where we stood. I had eaten there before though never for breakfast. It is authentic Mexican food like you would get in any small town in Mexico.
;
;
The staff is Hispanic and very little English is spoken, but no matter, it works. I ordered the Chilaquiles con Carne which is Chilaquiles with meat, served with rice and beans. If you aren’t familiar with Chilaquiles, it is a dish of fried tortilla strips with cheese and salsas often served for breakfast or lunch. It is down home Mexican food often made with leftover tortillas. It was a generous breakfast portion and absolutely delicious. Breakfast is served with tortilla chips and three kinds of salsa. All three were very delicious, but two were very hot and spicy, so beware. I could not finish my meal so took half home which reheated nicely for another delicious meal later that day. Typical of restaurants in Mexico, they do not present the check until you ask for it, so we were able to sit and talk for some time without feeling pressured to give up our table.
It was so good, I forgot to take a picture of my meal intact, then remembered to after I had already eaten a good portion of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment