Vickey: Today we ate at a favorite of one of our co-workers. Carol and her husband have been eating at "The Original" for a very long time and Christine and I felt very honored to have them join us for breakfast this morning. So that we would meet their "all time favorite staff" we were given specific instructions of who to ask for and where to sit when we got there.
Christine and I had to take a little time to look over the menu and decide what to order. For Carol and Jerry their whole ordering process was completed with a couple nods and hand gestures. The waitress understood exactly what they wanted.
This place seems to be a local haunt where people come and gather and visit on Saturday mornings. As we waited for breakfast to arrive friends of Carol and Jerry came in and we had the opportunity the meet them and visit.
Wonderful breakfast conversation. Jerry asked how I got from Oregon all the way to Texas and how Christine made it from Ohio to Texas. In turn Carol and Jerry recounted their life journeys.
Yes, we did have breakfast. I ended up ordering Sourdough French Toast! It was as good as you would expect it to be.
Christine: Following Carol’s instructions, I asked for a table in Robert or Lachanta’s section, where Carol advised we would be "treated well.” Vickey arrived shortly, followed by Carol and Jerry. The chalk board on the sidewalk announced Today’s Special, Apple Dutch Baby Pancake and I knew this was what I would be ordering. Since this was Carol and Jerry’s regular Saturday breakfast, they were greeted by many friends and neighbors who also included this spot in their Saturday ritual.
My Apple Dutch Baby Pancake arrived inflated and aromatic, covering the entire breakfast platter.
No comments:
Post a Comment