| The Ballard Street Cafe - Yelp |
The inside of the restaurant was charming with old wood, exposed brick walls, and original tin tiled ceiling. The menu featured hearty breakfast offerings like steak and eggs, and pork chop and eggs, so I decided to go that route and ordered their award-winning chicken fried steak and eggs. It was delicious! I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
The inside of the restaurant was charming with old wood, exposed brick walls, and original tin tiled ceiling. The menu featured hearty breakfast offerings like steak and eggs, and pork chop and eggs, so I decided to go that route and ordered their award-winning chicken fried steak and eggs. It was delicious! I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
Vickey: It was a beautiful day for a trip to the country. Christine came to my house and off we went. I was only directionally challenged once and we had to do a little back tracking.The Ballard Street Cafe is located on Ballard Street (Main Street) in the metropolis of Wylie, Texas. It is your typical quaint old style main street with all the old building store fronts. Thinking we were going to this quiet little home town cafe we were very surprised when we turned onto Ballard from the highway and could see what looked like hundreds of people, tents and outdoor venues. I was afraid the cafe would be busy, because it is not very big. Lucky for us all those people were running a marathon so there not a long wait before we were seated and checking out the menu.
I had been to Ballard Street Cafe before and just love the exposed brick on the walls, the old bar with bar stools at the front, and tables with chairs that don't match. You feel like you have walked back in time several years when you go there to eat.
As we waited for breakfast to arrive I got to show Christine my two new necklaces from my niece in California. She is a designer for Origami Owl and brought all of her lockets and jewelry for all of the "girls" to play with while we were in SLC, UT for mom's memorial.
I ordered 'The Mexicali Scramble' and was very pleased. There was more than plenty to eat and it all tasted very good. It is a small world - as we were eating our friend Debbie walked up to the table. She and Jack decided to come to Ballard Street for breakfast. I guess great minds think alike.
enjoyed reading your breakfast/brunch experiences.
ReplyDeletebesides food and atmosphere, noted the table with cold, damp breeze thru the front door. At Original, the only such table & door is a table for 2. Tomorrow's weather predicts rain, but don't believe we want that kind of damp. See you.
Am I the 1st commenter? C