![]() |
| Cracker Barrel - Yelp |
Walking in on Saturday was like traveling through a Christmas village. The gift shop was full with Christmas ornaments, decorated trees, scented candles, and the best of all, a mountainous display of stocking stuffers. Several people with baskets in hand were shopping among the many displays of unique items. I had to wonder if they made a trip here just to shop, or did they come in for breakfast and got the impulse. Vickey and I visited the wall of lotions and sampled a scented hand lotion from the tester.
We made our way to the dining room which was the usual busy on a Saturday morning. The server was there immediately to pour our coffee. Their service was outstanding. I ordered the Smokehouse Breakfast with two eggs sunny side up, grits with Sawmill Gravy, homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, with real butter and preserves, and thick-sliced bacon.
I think any restaurant that gives you grits AND biscuits gets special credit because I couldn’t decide if I had to choose one or the other. Vickey and I talked about what we each did over Thanksgiving and what foods we ate. When we left, I showed Vickey my new car parked in my favorite end spot, and we headed off to the explore the nearby quilt store in Lewisville.

No comments:
Post a Comment