Saturday, October 17, 2015

October 17, 2015 - The Dream Cafe in Addison

Dream Café - Yelp
Christine: This seems to be the hip spot to eat on Saturday in Addison at the Village on the Parkway. We ate on the outside patio shaded by large stately trees and watched expensive cars drive through the parking, often too fast and too loud, but they did get our attention. I guess that was the idea!
The dog friendly atmosphere of the outside patio brought interesting small furry bundles to breakfast, one nearby barked at anyone who came within three feet of their table, another spoiled creature shared her owner’s food right off the plate.

This was a belated birthday celebration for Vickey, and our waitress decided to surprise us by switching our meals which Vickey suspected in the beginning, but I had already eaten some of mine and decided it seemed like what I ordered. We were finally able to get the waiters attention and confirmed that our omelets had been switched. Unfortunately, by then, they were half eaten and couldn’t be corrected. Another table sent their breakfast back for an incorrect order. There must have been somebody new in the kitchen delivering the orders.

Christine's Breakfast - Guess which one!
Vickey said she enjoyed my omelet immensely, and I complimented her on her choice of omelet which I enjoyed as well. Coffee flowed freely and the service was good, except when you needed to ask someone what you were eating. Now we need to go back to experience their famous “Cloud Pancakes”, but we will be on alert next time for the "ole switcheroo"! Great place to eat on a beautiful fall morning in Dallas.

Vickey:  What a fun little place with lots of atmosphere.  We wanted to sit outside, and the air was just crisp enough that you needed to wear a sweater and it sure felt like fall.  I was entertained just people watching. 

Christine and I have found that 9:00 am is a good time to meet for breakfast.  We find we have missed the real hard core "Get up and go to breakfast at 7 am folks," and the "I want to sleep in Saturday morning" crowd is not up and about yet.  We get to watch them all arrive, and a lot of times watch them stand in line.

Popover with strawberry butter, yumm
There were lots of good things on the menu.  I don't remember ever having a popover so that was an appetizer must. Yeah, you don't usually do appetizers for breakfast, but sometimes you have to break the rules.  So popovers with strawberry jam it was.

As Christine mentioned I kept looking at the stuff in my omelet.  At one point I even asked her,  "Does this look like sausage top you, and where did all of my mushrooms and spinach go?"   There were a couple guys a table next to us and one of the ordered the Cloud Pancakes.  That is a must try for next time.  The guy he was with ordered French Toast - I figured it would be tough to mix those two up, but I would have been happy to taste test those pancakes to make sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment