Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August 8, 2018 - Changes on the Horizon

Vickey:
A new adventure started for me three months ago on May 8 when Cornerstone Credit Union League decided to let me go.  My boss told me, "I was not in his vision for the future."

I will take the high road and say this was very much a blessing in disguise.  I had not been happy with the job for several years, and they freed up my future and made it possible for me to move on with my life in a much more positive and productive manner.

I am moving to Oregon to be closer to friends and my family, and all of them could not be happier.  When I called to tell them what had happened I could hear the cheers from Oregon all the way down in Texas.

What a busy three months it has been.  I've lived 18 years in this house and you would not believe the amount of "STUFF" one can accumulate.  I am on a first name basis with the guys at the Goodwill Donation Center.  Today was my 10th visit!

Almost everything in my house is packed.  I have been eating off paper plates for over a month.  I rented a U-Haul Storage Box.  When I open my garage door I can walk right into the box.  As of yesterday I would say it was full - what do you think?  You see realtors don't want anything in your house when they show it, and when you have as much "STUFF" as I do there is not enough room for it in the garage and my car.

Early this Spring I had all the trees and bushes trimmed up and the exterior of the house power-washed and painted. Thanks to a hail storm my insurance put a new roof on the house in July, so the outside looks very nice.  I had the whole interior painted, the place has been cleaned, windows washed, the house was staged, pictures were taken today and the carpets will be cleaned in the morning.

Friday, August 10, the listing goes live and Sunday is the Open House.  I need everyone's prayers that it sells and sells fast!

My brother Edd is flying to Dallas August 18 to help me move, and  I want to have a contract on the house before I leave.  Everyone tells me the house should sell very quickly.

Edd and I will begin to pack the truck on August 21 and we should be out of here by August 24 at the very latest.  I have been taking Winston, my cat, for rides in the car trying to get him acclimated to riding in a vehicle for the trip.  Wish us luck - this should be fun.  I hope Edd does not throw him out the window along the way.

I have a realtor lined up in OR and my family keeps sending me pictures of  houses they think may have possibility, they even have gone and looked at one house for me. I am going to live with my sister until I find something.  Honestly I think once we get the truck unloaded and everything into storage I am going to take a few days off.  This has been no small undertaking to pull off, and I am only half done.  I still have to find a house and unpack everything.

Here are some pictures of what your house looks like after someone goes through and "stages" it.

Front Door
Living Room with Fireplace




Sorry this picture is so dark - this is looking from the front door through the living room out to the back yard.


These are pictures of the kitchen area.






Coffee/Wet Bar
This is the Dining Room.  I used this area for my office.  The lady who staged the house brought the table in.
Dining Room from when you walk in the front door - looking into the kitchen.
Master Bedroom

Looking into the Master Bathroom



Master Bathroom








Guest Bedroom


Guest Bathroom
This was mu sewing room, now it looks like an office.

Patio and back yard

Sorry I don' thave a picture of the front yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment